Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hey Guam Boy!

"Hey Guam Boy!" is what they call me sometimes when they see me walking through the lobby and classrooms and wherever in the campus, especially when they don't know my name. Now, they had a habit of calling me that nettling name. It's irritating and slightly adequate to heed. I guess my nickname have really passed on, knowing that I'm the only person who came from Guam and can't barely vocalize the local language which is the "visaya" language, and slight on Tagalog. It's just because I can hardly speak English fluently and accurately, they tend to call me Guam Boy. Now, I'm having difficulties talking to some students. When they ask me in visaya language, I respond back in Tagalog language which some other students can't understand or hard to talk in Tagalog, but mostly, I respond in English when I tend not to. When we had group work and I am asked for something or a question, I respond mostly in English when it is supposedly to be in Tagalog. My tongue is more on to English nowadays whenever I'm in school. I tried to get a hold of it, but apparently, it's only working sometimes. Well, I guess I'll have to live this way, and hope the would still accept for who I am.

No comments: